mercredi, juillet 12, 2006

Jour +516 : Meet my Donor

About a month after I contacted the Canadian Blood Services and asked them to send my name and contact information to my then-anonymous donor, I heard back that my good samaritan was named Brad Cooke.


I contacted Brad by e-mail and I learned that he is Canadian and lives within a 4 hour drive from our home... so much for our speculations that my donor was European!

I also found out how Brad got on the donor list and heard about some of the details of the marrow harvest procedure. It seems this was not a bump-free process, and I am just the more grateful to him for his selfless gesture. Here's a recent picture of him. You can have access to his blog from here.

A big surprise was that Brad is an electrical engineer working in Wireless, just like me! It turns out we have common professional acquaintances, and that he has contacts at Nortel. I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the graft compatibility that has blessed me so far.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

Salut Claude!
Bien contente de voir que tu aies ou faire connaissance avec ton donneur......Et finalement, il n'est pas si loin que ça.......
J'espère que tu profites bien de cet été avec ta famille et que tu pourras encore avoir des nouvelles de ton donneur...


Maryse
xoxoxox

17 juillet, 2006 09:28  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

Claude, Kate & kids,

It was great to see you at the BMT picnic! I'm so glad things are going well for you all.

I would love to send you your family picture from both picnics. My e-mail is chua54@hotmail.com

Take care, xo,
Carol

20 août, 2007 09:13  

Publier un commentaire

<< Home